Contest Rules (Terms and Conditions)
As a ticket holder, I understand and agree to the following
Terms and Conditions of the Home for the Holidays, Inc. & KATC-TV 3 Holiday Raffle House agreement set forth herein:
- The ticket represents a chance to win the opportunity to accept an offer of the stated prize on the terms and conditions set forth herein.
- The winner of the raffle house agrees to accept the house "as built" without additions or alterations, and all prizewinners agree to accept prizes "as is," with absolutely no expressed or implied warranties given by the Home for the Holidays, Inc.
- The winning ticket holder will have thirty (30) days to accept the prize or, pursuant to terms stated, will forfeit prize, with no substitution or alternate prize. The prize will then be awarded to the second runner-up, or to such runner-up that accepts the said prize in accordance with all stipulated terms and conditions.
- Except where specifically stated, prizes will not be substituted or exchanged. Prizes have no cash value.
- All ticket sales are final and non-refundable.
- Participants must be 18 years or older.
- Access to all prizes by winners will be restricted until fully and unconditionally accepted by the winner on terms and conditions set forth herein and complete delivery is made to the winners. All prizes remain the sole property of Home for the Holidays, Inc. until unconditionally accepted "as is" by the winners.
- Home for the Holidays, Inc. & KATC-TV 3 reserve the right to use the names, pictures, video images and relevant quotes of all winners.
- Winners of each prize are subject to applicable federal and state income taxes, due and payable at time of delivery. The house is delivered at the closing. Winner of the home agrees that the written determination of an appraiser obtained by Home for the Holidays, Inc. is used to determine the value of the home for income tax.
- The winner accepting the home will be subject to all applicable laws and regulations including covenants and/or restrictions which may apply.
- Purchase of this ticket constitutes full agreement by the purchaser with all terms and conditions set forth herein.
- Employees of the Acadian Home Builders Association & KATC-TV 3, their Board of Directors, Officers and their dependents are not eligible to participate.
- Winners need not be present at the drawing. Void where prohibited by law.
- Net proceeds from the Home for the Holidays, Inc. & KATC TV-3's Home for the Holidays are awarded to designated charities.
- Ticket purchases are not tax deductible.
- All prizes are non-transferable and may only be claimed by the official winner.
Home is valued at over $420,000.
LA Charitable Gaming Permit #E0005553